Ideal Flatmate, an innovative flat sharing platform built to match people based on lifestyle and living habits. Founded in 2017 by co-founders Rob and Tom to make shared living less painful, Ideal Flatmate have proven their worth with flatmates who matched through the platform saying that they are 40% happier with their choice of living partners after six months than those who found them elsewhere.
With a hugely competitive rental marketing in London and other major UK cities, including long-time behemoth Spare Room as well as ecosystem mainstays like Gumtree and Rightmove, Ideal Flatmate needed to get firm growth roots in place to grow their audience and user base in order to expand key revenue streams. Some onsite technical SEO issues and the inherent challenges of a marketplace-type site platform added a little more spice to make the mission extra interesting.
- Working with developers to ensure continual technical SEO improvements to maximise visibility through use of improved markups and site structure
- Onsite content strategy to develop relevant traffic growth for awareness as well as immediate signups to the platform
- Support with social channel organic visibility to support the brand’s overall digital presence
- Working alongside PR specialists at Proper PR to maximise brand exposure and SEO benefits of press room work through unified content messaging on and offsite
- Development of a dedicated link acquisition strategy based on evergreen resource-based outreach, delivered by expert link builders at Reddico to boost domain visibility potential and grow brand authority
“Ruth has been amazing to work with over the last few years and has been instrumental in leading ideal flatmate’s organic growth. She brings the perfect blend of content and PR knowledge with deep technical expertise ensuring all SEO bases are covered!”Tom GatzenCo-Founder