Hobbs is a heritage-rich women’s clothing, footwear and accessories retailer based in London in the UK. Originally a shoe shop founded in 1981, it has grown into a multinational British-led brand and offers formal as well as everyday wear with classic takes on modern styles.
SEO support for migrating the online store to an entirely new eCommerce platform, with the aim to both minimise losses during the relaunch process and also set the new platform up to give high organic growth potential in the longer term.
- Joint project acting as technical SEO consultant for project coordination team at REBEL
- Onsite technical SEO specifications and evaluation from SoW to codebase, including international setup, working closely alongside the platform developers to aim for a “best in class” style baseline
- Support for URL migration management, including domain changes, redirect planning and implementation auditing
- Content training for the internal marketing team to help build SEO best practice into everyday activities
- Onsite support for the developers and internal team during the launch day, including live checking of deployments against potential issues
A zero loss website migration and relaunch with a setup for future growth.
“(The training was) almost perfect – the team seem very positive about it all. We weren’t trying to cram too much in or do superficial exercises. We were able to ask very detailed and specific questions, and the exercises we did were actually relevant.”Libby CrossHead of eCommerce